Saturday, May 23, 2015

And Then . . . I Was Old

Got up early yesterday. Vacuumed, tidied the kitchen, mowed the lawn. I made dinner for Dave who is suffering from L4 and 5 lumbar indignities. I picked Helen up from work. Together Helen and I went to a prison to share in a Friday Night Worship Service known as "Revival". The campus is large and requires a quarter mile walk to and from the building where the service is held.

The service was energizing and uplifting. Approximately 250 men in attendance. We chatted as we walked back to get our ID's and return to our cars. I drove Helen to her home. I pulled into our driveway and entered home.

Dave and I exchanged stories of how our evening went. I helped put the house in order for night time. I closed windows, lowered blinds, locked doors and set the alarm. Jamas, teeth brushed, pills taken. Read a little of my electronic book. Fell sound asleep after only a page or two.

Morning came. And, then . . I was very old. Joints creak, eyelids are heavy, there are things to be done. Perhaps they can wait until tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment